Horimiya (manga review)

I like this manga a lot and it's in my top 5 when it comes to romance manga. This manga is still on going so I'm going to review the chapters that have been released on mangafox.

Genres: Comedy, Romance, Shounen

Description: Hori may seem like a normal teenage girl, but she's a completely different person after school. In her workaholic parents' absence, Hori has been like a parent for her little brother since she was young herself. Between taking care of her brother, feeding them both, and housework, she doesn't have much time for a usual teenage social life. One day, she meets someone else who does not present his true self at school: a quiet, glasses-wearing boy called Miyamura. She'd assumed he was bookish, and possibly an otaku, but Hori couldn't have been more wrong. Outside of school, Miyamura is a friendly guy with many piercings, and he's not very good at academics. Now the two of them have someone with whom they can share both halves of their lives! (source: MAL)


I like this a lot since the plot is unusual where the main characters get close by knowing each others secret second personality. The plot is mainly about when the characters are out of school than in school like the common romance manga usually do. And I enjoy the comedy moments a lot. My favorite character is Miyamura cause I find him really interesting since he has so different personalities in school and on his free time and even though he looks tough with piercings and stuff he is really kind and even takes care of Hori's little brother. Hori don't have a big second personality like Miyamura do but I still enjoy her character a lot because of her mom character and how she can interact with her friends. The art in this manga is really drawn in a cute/pretty style that I like a lot. Though the main characters relationship progress is kind of slow 

I really recommend this manga and hope you'll check it out and visit this blog again
KuroKitsune

Comments

  1. You're still using mangafox? Most of the series there are dead, I suggest you go to other manga sites to read your manga.
    Also, have you read 3D Kanojo? That's a good one too, it's kind of like Horimiya but instead of a "punk/goth" look, the guy is an otaku.

    Good review! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this a long time ago when I started with Mangafox. Thanks ^_^ and I'll check out 3D kanojo

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts