Top 10 first impressions to spring 2015 anime

Here is my top 10 list and first impressions of the series from this season so far. These are my opinion so feel free to think whatever you want. These aren't in any particular order but I've mentioned my top three that I've enjoyed the most from what I've seen but I don't have an order for them too. There are some anime that I haven't seen cause I'm waiting for to finish and just some that I consider average so I won't check them out unless they have some kind of hype around them.

1. Arslan Senki


This is one of the series that I think have the best animation and character designs. But the CG annoys me, I can't blame the creator fully though. I mean if you're going to animate a war I don't think you want to sit and draw an whole army though. So far I've enjoyed the series, I like that the story so far. The world they live in seems very interesting and for now it's mostly just build up. Right now I'm not a big fan of prince Arslan because he's a bit of a spoiled brat for now because he's been raised that way. But from what has been hinted in the series I think his character's going to develop from what's happened and what will happen. I think that the two latest eps have shown war in a better way that I've seen before. Just wan't to mention that this is kind of like a shounen version of Akatsuki no Yona in my eyes.

2. Gintama°


I've seen Gintama before and it's a great anime. The comedy is really funny, it's an anime that knows that it's an anime kind of comedy. I haven't finished the first season yet but I've seen enough to understand what's going on and all the characters aren't something new to me. It starts off like it should, we get to see most of the characters and the gintama come that I love watching. Seeing how Gintoki apologizes in the first ep, the references and how the main characters try to solve a problem that somehow always gets worse but in the end still solves it. 

3. Kekkai Sensen



This is in my top 3 of the season from what has been released. It's a series that really reminds me of Durarara because of the chaos, action and characters in the series. But it has a bigger super natural element where all the main characters have some kind of supernatural powers and New York city filled with all kind of creatures. It's really funny but still has some kind of plot behind it. I enjoy watching the characters, especially Leonardo and Zapp. The pizza scene was really funny or when Zapp almost killed Leo by sitting on him. Klaus seems like an intelligent bad ass. Right now I'm just enjoying watching it but I'm not sure about what's going to happen. 


4. Kyoukai no Rinne



As I've written in all the others, I'm enjoying this too. It seems like at good shoujo anime but I don't think it's something completely new. I like that it reminds me of Inuyasha a lot because Inuyasha is one of my all time favorites and the one that made me start watching anime instead of just seeing some kids anime on tv. I like the characters, they are not overacting and seem to have reasonable reactions. It's kind of like a mix of Inuyasha and Noragami so if you like those two I recommend checking this on out. So far we've only found out a bit about Rinne and his reason for being a shinigami(or something like that), the spirit world and the reason to why Sakura can see ghost.

5. Ore Monogatari!


This is also in my top three of the season so far. I love the feels I get from this shoujo like romance with and unique male character that is a first for me in the anime world. The series follows Gouda a highschooler that looks a lot like a gorilla with the good looking popular best friend that falls in love with a girl he saved from a pervert on the train. I think Gouda is a great character because he's really kindhearted and sweet when it comes to him trying to support Yamato and Sunakawas relationship without a second thought about the option of her liking him. Because he always tends to fall in love with a girl that likes Sunakawa.

6. Yahari ore no seishun love comedy wa machigatteiru. Zoku



This is a series that I like watching. Because it's an high school anime that sees youth from another perspective that I some time can relate to. It takes it from a more pessimistic perspective that I think is good because reality isn't all rainbows and unicorns. If you enjoy this series I can recommend Hyouka, since the main protagonists are both similar and different from others that I've seen. I like following Hikigayas life and see how he deals with stuff in his own way that may be considered low but can actually work but that doesn't mean that those kinds of solutions are right och the only ones.

7. Shokugeki no Souma


Shokugeki no Souma is one of the really few food anime that I've seen. I really like the animation when the food is being cooked and served. Souma is an interesting character that I enjoy watching, he's confident, passionate about cooking, yet a little bit stupid at some parts and can always find a way to serve his customer their food no matter what. One thing that I'm a bit annoyed with is the ecchi parts when someone really enjoys the food och just fan service but it's not something that hinders the plot or helps it except showing how much they enjoy the meal if you consider it like that. Other than than I really enjoy watching how Souma is going to challenge his future opponents that we've gotten a closer look on in the latest episode.

8. Danna ga nani wo itteiru ka wakaranai ken    


The last anime in my top three of the season so far is Danna ga Nani. It is a great series that I would really want a full episode series of. It's really funny and manages to leave me content within just three minutes which is really good. Watching the life of Kaoru and Hajime that have really different life styles but still manages to live a married life together even though they sometimes can't understand each other, hence the name. The first season and the episode from the current one that I've seen has always left me with a smile on my face or sitting in a ball wiggling back and forth because I can't handle the feels. It's a great short series that you'll finish in no time so don't hesitate to give it a watch.

9. Owari no Seraph
   

Almost done with the list. Here is Owarin no Seraph that's an anime that I enjoy because of the plot. It's another anime where Humanity as about to become extinct or threatened because of (insert any kind of being that has a chance of wiping out humanity). From what I've seen it seems good enought to end up in this list. The series follows Yuuichirou an orphan who lost the little family he had from that the orphanage to the vampires and now seeks out revenge. Yuuichirou is similar to Eren from AoT but I like Yuuichirou better because he doesn't just wan't to kill the species that took his loved ones but seems to think a tiny bit more about his decisions than Eren. And also that he thinks more about the reason to his revenge by remembering what he has lost and has other feeling than anger for the titans. Well I have some expectations since the series has a confirmed second season for fall.

10. Yamada-kun to Nananin majo

   

The last one! This is a series where I've read the source material, at least a bit of it cause I didn't wan't to spoil my self to much and laziness. This is a funny series that I enjoy because of the characters and the comedy of. As some other manga readers have said I also think that Yamadas characters is lacking a bit compared to how he acts in the manga but I don't really mind too much. Another thing that's just my own problem is that the hair colors and other stuff that I imagined were completely different from what it's supposed to be except for Yamada and Shinohara, they pretty much had the opposite hair color from what I've imagined. But I guess that's what happens when you read b&w manga. 

Hope you enjoyed or at least cared. You should check out at least one of them.

Take care Watch Anime 
KuroKitsune 


Comments

Popular Posts